Sunday, September 20, 2009

Falling in love.

AUTUMN is here. My favorite season. Apple cider, pumpkins, football, leaves.. love it. Originally I had wanted a fall wedding. I think it's the perfect wedding season. Naturally beautiful with the leaves, not too hot or too cold. Especially for people wearing formal attire; it is nice to not face 80-90 degree weather when you're in a tux or a wedding gown.




Pick of the day! If we had had a fall wedding, this would have been a top contender. The mini pumpkins are an adorable topper, and the hay-like spun sugar adds a perfect autumn touch.

































Cake by Highland Bakery. While I wouldn't use this as the only wedding cake, how perfect would it be for a fall groom's cake? So skillfully done, this just looks like a pumpkin from Hagrid's garden.










Cake by The Cake Girls. In my fantasy, unlimited budget mind, The Cake Girls would have made our wedding cake. I just love Mary Maher on all the Food Network Cake Challenges. Add Challenge judge to my list of dream jobs. This cake is perfect for a fall couple who doesn't want to make fall the theme.









Cake by Vermont Cake Studio. Simple and elegant.












While I like the design of this cake, the construction looks sloppy. Even my untrained eye can spot the flaws in the fondant and the gap between tiers.













Cake by Sweet Traditions. Love the mini gourds (and also the word gourd).














Cake by White Flower Cake Shoppe. I love the warm color palate here.
















Cake by Retro Bakery. Love the leaves. My one complaint is the underlying color. If you're doing a fall wedding, I think ivory or cream would be a better color than white. White just seems so stark. Even a somewhat softer shade of white would have complimented the leaves better.











Again, I think the white stands out like a sore thumb. Also, I think these leaves are too small, they get lost in the size of the cake.















Cake by The Chefs Kitchen Cakery







alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5383671551845363954" />
Here's another great option for couples having a fall wedding who don't want a fall theme. Fall has the most beautiful colors, and the flowers here really show that off. Not nuts about the round flower cake topper.. but the flowers cascading down and on the table are just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment